Have you found yourself saying that you are sick and tired of ___? If not, ask yourself if there’s something that you could fill in the blank with.
If you are finding it difficult to fill in the blank don’t worry, that’s a great thing in my opinion. It means that you are content. It means that there isn’t any stressor in your life that you could live without.
If you didn’t have trouble finding something to fit in that blank, if you found that the blank was nowhere near large enough then it sounds like you are dealing with stress.
The reason that the stress is there doesn’t matter. What does matter is the fact that it’s there. Since I vowed to be honest in my blog, I will tell you that I am battling with some stress myself. I felt myself feeling stressed and decided to blog. I thought it would not only be a teachable moment but also be therapeutic.
Like I said, the reason doesn’t matter. I am on a mission to relieve the stress not to fester it. Since I am in my feelings, I am not equipped to do this on my own so I am going to turn to God’s word.
Are you tired with so much to do?
Isaiah 40:30-31 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- This is a reminder that everyone will go through things and feel exhausted. But if we wait on the Lord he will renew our strength in due time. Now is not the time to lose focus. Keep going and keep believing because our strength will be renewed.
Do You have to make a big decision and you’re not sure what to do?
Proverbs 16:3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
- I like how the Expanded Bible puts it, “Depend on the Lord in whatever you do [Commit your acts/deeds to the Lord], and your plans will ·succeed [be established]”.
- There is nothing to fear when your plans are in the Lord’s hands. Trust him with your plans and you won’t be disappointed.
Are you dealing with a loss?
Romans 8:18 For I consider for that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
- No matter what current loss you may be facing please know that it won’t last. The pain is real but it will pass. The glory that we have to look forward to will definitely be worth us moving forward. It will get better!
Here’s one more for you:
Psalms 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.
Are you having to watch someone struggle and you have no power to help them?
Psalms 22:24 For he has not despised or abhorred the affliction of the afflicted, and he has not hidden his face from him, but has heard, when he cried to him.
- It is certainly hard to watch someone we care about go through tough times, especially when are powerless to help them. This verse is encouraging because it lets us know that we may be powerless but God who has all power is right there with them. Prayers really do change things!
I realize that these are not all the possibilities in which someone might be stressed at this present time. These are just the ones that came to me as I prayed and did research.
I pray that you find comfort from these few verses. If you haven’t don’t worry because the Bible is full of wisdom and encouragement. All you have to do is seek it out.
Thanks for visiting my blog again. Don’t give up! Things will get better!